The Holy Bible is the Truth of God and the manual of life for God's children on the earth. To me, many illustrations in physical forms often describe and explain deep meaning of the spiritual realm.
God is the Spirit, He creates us, He knows and understands us totally without mistake. For thousands of years, God has tried to let human being understand Him and know Him, know His Love and care for us, know all the Goodness from Him.
In the Holy Bible, God often uses the simple language- story telling to communicate with us to convey something we are hardly to understand based on our natural intelligence and knowledge. For example, the creation of the universe is still a tough issue for human being to comprehend as the Almighty Work of God.
In the past 10 years, the Holy Bible led me to the fascinating scenes to understand more and more, deeper and deeper about the Word of God, to see the presence of God daily.
The Holy Bible is an amazing and alive Book. I hope that with my sharing in the Bible Verses, you may read the Book from God with broad visions.
I keep learning and learning, little by little, step by step. I have Faith in that, with the deep longings in my heart to know God, He will reveal himself to me more and more through the Holy Bible!
May the Holy Bible be your dearest friend!
*** By chief editor: Ling Ling Shi ***
My understanding on the 6 Bible Verses in Old Testament and New Testament
The man and his wife were both naked, and they felt no shame.
Then the eyes of both of them were opened, and they realized they were naked; so they sewed fig leaves together and made coverings for themselves.
Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the Lord God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the days, and they hid from the Lord God among the trees of the garden. But the Lord God called to the man, "Where are you?" He answered, "I heard you in the garden and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid."
The Lord God made garments of skin for Adam and his wife and clothed them.
From the Bible Verses above, I want to share with you the following issues:
1. What "The naked" means;
2. What "The garment of skin" means; and
3. What I learned from the fall of human being.
When you read "the naked" and "the garment of skin", have you thought that they mean "the body naked, no cloth at all", "the cloth sewed with animal skin"? Are they really like in the modern time, many people use their imagination to think that in the beginning of human being, people didn't wear clothes, they were naked, that may be one of the reasons, there are naked clubs, naked sea side beaches, naked hotels etc, in the world. People try to experience the beginning life of human being.
To me, it is not, the four Bible Verses told me the following deepening messages( of course, in the beginning, people may not wearing clothes, even in the modern time, in some tribes, people still don't wear clothes).
(1) When God created man and woman, before human being were deceived by Satan and broke the commandments from God, human being's hearts were pure and without any secret to each other, their minds were naked to each other, no hiding, no make up, no evil thinking and acting. I think "The naked" in Genesis 2:25 etc., Bible Verses are focused on the spiritual realm rather than the physical realm, "The naked" did not mean that man and woman were not wearing clothes. Those are spiritual parables.
(2) The eyes were opened did not mean they got more wisdom after Adam and Eve's fall. What they got was the knowledge to separate themselves from each other, to separate them from God, to think they can possess the wisdom like God and can live by themselves alone. The knowledge made them self pride, the knowledge made them think they can become their own gods. The knowledge may have part of ingredients of wisdom, but it is not equal to wisdom, the knowledge can not replace the Almighty Power of God, the knowledge can not become the forces to deny Almighty God.
When human being got knowledge but without the right heart to guide, the knowledge is like a two edged sword, it can build up human being, it also can destroy human being depending on if we line up our heart with God. When the knowledge builds up human being, it will lead human being to God, the source of wisdom; when the knowledge destroys human being, it will lead human being separate from God, walk away from God's presence.
What Adam and Eve got? When they disobeyed the commandments from God, they got the knowledge which led them "hiding from God", the knowledge became the force to separate them from the blessing of God.
(3) Adam and Eve started to gain the knowledge about what is good and pleasure to flesh desire rather than what are God's commandments. So, they used the spiritual fig tree leaves to clothe them, to hide their mind from God, to hide their evil thoughts and activities from God. It was a sad reality in human being's life generation after generation, human being's relationship with God has been separated by the spiritual fig tree leaf clothes. Human beings don't want God to see our deep secrets, we try to hide from Him.
What Adam and Eve got? They got kind of knowledge which tell them you can hide what you did, God doesn't know once you hide. They were deceived by false message from Satan to gain knowledge rather than keep God's Word; to gain knowledge by sacrificing the relationship between human being and God. God is our creator, how can we hide from Him? Adam and Eve didn't appreciate the God's creation and God's Love and God's provision for them. They were separated from God's presence by the knowledge they got.
(4) What are the clothes of garment of skin which were made by God for Adam and Eve after they fell and denied the responsibilities without confession?
After they fell, they continuously floated on the false knowledge by using blame to the other to refuse taking the responsibilities, neither confessed nor changed their attitude. God put them on a life journey with trials and testes.
Before God drove them from the Garden of Eden, God made a garment of skin to clothe them, what does that mean?
I think the garment of skin means more strong separation than fig tree leaves by human being rebellion according to God's free will law. The garment of skin means the sad sign between man and God - separation.
What is the difference between human being and animal? The first difference is human being is made in the image of God, we were made by Him to manage the earth for Him and we were made by Him to worship Him and live with Him. But animals don't have such privilege, they don't know what worship means. So, the garment of skin means God let human being follow human being's free will, whatever you want to do, whatever you want to hide, whether you don't want to worship God----- God leaves the right to ourselves. He let Adam and Eve wear the clothes made with skin of animal. What kinds of clothes you wear represents your heart.
But, God didn't make hat with animal skin for Adam and Eve, I think, God still leaves our brain and mind with human being's original design, we can have deep thinking, someday or somehow, we will follow our mind's desire to think where I come from, who created us, where I am heading to, not like animals that think nothing deeper than what they drink and eat, etc.
That is why human beings never stop searching our life's meaning and our final destiny. Because God still leaves us a chance to let our head and mind and heart to think, to search, to long, and to dream.
(5) Why God didn't keep the fig tree leaf made clothes for human being? Why did God make strong clothes for Adam and Eve with animal skin? Another answer is God loves us, he lets us have strong ability to overcome the future tests and trials on the earth. He equips Adam and Eve more strong abilities than what they pick up.
God knows the future path on the earth will not be easy for human beings. He sends Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden with strong abilities, because He loves us, He cares our future challenges.
(6) By wearing the clothes with animal skin, from Adam and Eve, human being stepped on a thousands-years spiritual and physical adventure journey on this tiny earth.
(7) The garment of skin has different colors and patterns, human beings all wear different kinds garment of skin on the earth.
In the Holy Bible, there is one event which took place regarding a fig tree in the Book of Mark in the New Testament:
Jesus said to that fig tree:
May no one ever eat fruit from you again.
In the morning, as they went along, they saw the fig tree withered from the roots. Peter remembered and said to Jesus, "Rabbi, look! The fig tree you cursed has withered!"
I think the fig tree leaf which is cursed by Lord Jesus Christ has the meaning that the clothes made by human being self which separated man and God will be removed from ground by the Son of God, Jesus Christ. With the power of God, we will have the chance to reconcile the relationship to God, our creator.
I pray for God's children, by free will, take out our garment of skin cloth in the presence of God, be naked again, open our heart to God, be pure, like a child, embrace God's Love, be like white snow again by the Blood of Jesus Christ!