THINKING IN THE TRUTH
***with Ling Ling Shi***
And God said, "Let the water teem with living creatures,
and let birds fly above the earth across the expanse of the sky."
So God created the great creatures of the sea
and every living and moving thing with which the water teems,
according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind.
And God saw that it was good.
God blessed them and said, "Be fruitful and increase in number
and fill the water in the seas, and let the birds increase on the earth."
And there was evening, and there was morning--the fifth day.
And God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals,
each according to its kind." And it was so.
God made the wild animals according to their kinds,
the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that move along the ground according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good.
Dear friend, welcome to “Thinking in the Truth”. Today, I want to share with you God’s Word in Genesis 1:20-25. May we grow together in the Truth.
In the previous “Thinking in the Truth”- Genesis 1:1-19, I shared with you God’s creation of the earth on the first, second, third and fourth day. On the first day, God created light to end darkness, empty and formless on the earth. The earth started with day and night. On the second day, God separated water from water and made the sky. On the third day, God created the land, seas and various plants and trees. On the fourth day, God created two great lights and stars. Today, I am going to share God’s creation on the fifth day and on part of the sixth day: the living creatures in the water, birds, livestock, wild animals and creatures that move along the ground.
- This is a beautiful picture and is like a blueprint. It let me experience and feel our heavenly Father’s zeal. It seems like he worked hard and enjoyed his creation for his upcoming earthly children and built a beautiful earthly baby’s room. Besides creating the light, sky, oxygen, sun, moon, and stars, now, on the fifth day and sixth day, he started to create humans’ friends: living creatures. From the amazing creation of God, I can feel how much he loves us. What he prepared for us is the best loving gift.
- From the scriptures, which describe God’s creation of fish, it’s said that God created them “According to their kinds”. It means that every living creature in the water came from creation; not evolution. Not only fish, birds in the air were also created by God “According to their kinds”.
After God said, "Let the land produce living creatures according to their kinds: livestock, creatures that move along the ground, and wild animals, each according to its kind”. God created livestock and animals were all “according to their kinds” as well. From Genesis1:20-25, we can see that, seven times, God mentioned his creation of fish, birds, livestock, and animals made “according to their kinds”. This is a very important message that God told us about His creation: there’s a perfect and unique design for each kind of living creature. This message reveals to us how important the Truth of Creation is and that God takes the Truth of “according to their kinds” very seriously and that He wants to tell his upcoming children about the Truth of His Creation.
All creatures are masterpieces from God’s own hands and are wonderful combinations of art and life.
- In these Scriptures, God’s almighty powers were manifested again just like the first, second, third, and fourth day: “God said” fulfills all. God’s word made the living creatures in the water, in the air and on the ground. The Holy Bible lets us know all the words coming from the mouth of God will be fulfilled.
It is written in the beginning of John: “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God” (John 1:1) The Word of God is the Truth, the Word comes from our creator of universe-God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit stands forever. If we understand God’s Word means we understand the Truth; If we follow God’s Word, we will have a life that please God through our Faith in him and good deed.
- From Scripture, we see that our loving heavenly Father cares about every creation so much that fish and birds are in God’s heart. Not only did God create them, he also blessed their future. Also, I can assume that God can talk to fish and birds and that they can understand God. Isn’t it amazing?
May we seek God and live in His presence; may we listen to His voice through pure souls; may we know Him and follow Him; may we thank Him, praise Him, worship Him for what He has done on the earth.
- The last Scripture: “God saw that it was good”, tells us about God’s perfect design and how he cared for and evaluated every single life he created. God evaluating his work with satisfaction on every creation tells us that God’s creations are flawless and perfect. May our lives follow God’s Truth and please Him through our righteousness. God’s satisfaction of his children’s lives is the true crown we dream of.
God is Love
(1 John 4:16)